Thursday, January 23, 2014

#365Grateful: Spending time with God

"Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the Lord God as he was walking in the garden in the cool of the day..." (Genesis 3:8 NIV)

I am grateful that I have the opportunity of spending time with God, being able to lift my loved ones up in prayer and to study the Word of God.

"Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.  They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. (Isa 40:31 NIV)

May God bless you this day as you renew your strength in Him.

With love

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely picture to put with that verse, it fits so well you can fell "the cool of the day." I too, am grateful to be free to study God's Word and spend time with Him. I feel like sometimes I take that for granted and I don't want to miss the fact that some of our brothers and sisters don't have this liberty. So, today as I leave you to go to His Word to study on my own, I lift them up and pray they "will not grow weary" and know that "The Lord will renew their strength" too. Love to you and blessings too,...from the holler...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Caryl --
    I have been away on holiday and have now returned home. I have taken your lead and am making an entry into a "Grateful" list every day. When that is done, I offer a prayer for you. The two are connected and it is an easy reminder. I have been a bit surprised at some of my entries -- some of the most insignificant items for which I am grateful. You are teaching me new things!!
    May God continue to bless you as you trod your new pathway.
    Much love, Elinor

    ReplyDelete