Monday, September 30, 2013

Ideal relationships

My dear, special cyber-friends,

Today I thought I'd share something deeply meaningful to me.

The above passage is a paraphrase of how I try and live my life and my relationships, and it is also how I try and interact with you, my reader in cyberspace.  It is based directly off the 1 Corinthians 13 passage in the bible (which talks about "love").

Admittedly, I often fail in this ideal and have to check myself at every corner, but I have worked with this passage over and over again over the years... It has become my mantra for about 10 years now and it is also how I try to interact with people in cyberspace. 

As you can see, I have written it out, decorated it and placed it in a position where I can be constantly reminded that this is the utopia I so desire. You are very welcome to copy it if it strikes a chord with you too.

I pray forgiveness for the times that I have fallen short because...

WITHOUT LOVE, I AM NOTHING!

What is your yardstick for relationships?
Sending lots of love
Caryl





2 comments:

  1. My dear friend, I think this represents you perfectly-you are so giving, understanding, patient and loving. I just wish we didn't live in different continents. It is good to remind ourselves what type of friend we want to be so we can have those types of friends. You are a friend I cherish Caryl!
    Hugs and love,
    Noreen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post- it says a lot- its beautiful
    love
    tweedles

    ReplyDelete